CSA Travel and Damage Protection Insurance | Don’t Leave Home Without It!
Valuable Protection for Before, During and After Your Vacation
When looking forward to your vacation the last thing you want to do is think about something going wrong. Still, even the best-planned trips can be impacted by an unexpected illness, medical emergency, natural disaster, adverse weather, delayed flights, road closures or lost or damaged luggage. These troubles can occur when least expected, forcing you to cancel or interrupt your trip, lose your non-refundable vacation costs and incur unplanned expenses.
CSA Travel Protection’s Guest Protect plan is specially designed to help protect you and others staying at your reservation from specific covered events. With this valuable protection plan, you get:
- Trip Cancellation coverage for a variety of unforeseen circumstances, including mandatory evacuations and sickness and injury of yourself, a traveling companion or family member.
- A wide range of post-departure coverages, including Trip Interruption, Travel Delay, Medical and Dental, Emergency Assistance and Transportation, Baggage, Rental Car Damage and more. Note: Rental Car Damage is not available to residents of Texas.
- Coverage for Pre-Existing Medical Conditions when you purchase your plan prior to or within 24 hours of final payment and are medically able to travel when you buy your plan.
- Valuable assistance services including 24/7/365 emergency assistance, concierge services, on demand medical care— including no-out-of-pocket medical expenses— identity theft resolution and roadside assistance.
- A 10-day free look to review your plan and decide if it’s right for you. If you wish to cancel your plan within 10 days of purchase and have not yet left on your trip or filed a claim you can do so and receive a full refund of your plan cost.
Anticipating the unexpected and covering it with travel insurance will help protect you and your traveling companions from surprise expenses. To learn more about travel insurance, reach out to CSA directly at 866-999-4018 or review a sample Description of Coverage/Policy.
About CSA Travel Protection
CSA Travel Protection is dedicated to providing travel insurance and emergency assistance services to protect travelers’ valuable travel investments and provide the peace of mind one deserves while traveling. For over 25 years CSA has developed a reputation for standing behind its customers and for offering products and services to meet their needs. Through consumer-conscious business practices, award-winning customer service and extensive experience, CSA is with its clients every step of the way, whenever and wherever they are needed.
CSA Travel Protection Insurance – FAQ’s
- Do I need insurance? We highly recommend purchasing vacation rental insurance as it offers you coverage if you have to cancel or interrupt your trip due to a number of covered reasons and would otherwise lose your prepaid trip costs.
- When can I buy coverage? Plans are offered when you make your reservation and can be purchased up until final payment. Contact the rental office to learn more.
- Who’s covered? Everyone staying at the reservation is insured. Note that some coverages are subject to policy maximums.
- What is the maximum trip length I can insure? 180 days (maximum trip length for residents of Washington is 90 days).
- Can I add coverage to my plan after I purchase it? Yes. If you purchase additional arrangements such as flights, rental car, a round of golf or show tickets prior to your departure date, you can purchase additional coverage to insure those arrangements.
- What if I change my mind? If you purchase this plan and are not satisfied within 10 days of receipt, contact the rental office to indicate your desire to cancel. If you haven’t already left on your trip or filed a claim, you will receive a complete refund of your plan cost.
- If I buy the plan today, when does coverage begin? Trip Cancellation coverage begins at 12:01 A.M. on the day after the date the plan payment is received. All other coverages begin when you depart on your covered trip.
- What is a covered event? Insurance plans cannot cover all events that might happen to you. Those events which are covered are listed in your Description of Coverage or Policy.
- What are some of the covered events? Some examples of covered reasons for Trip Cancellation or Trip Interruption include sickness, injury or death of you, a family member or traveling companion; mandatory evacuation at your destination; interruption of road service; interruption of essential services at your rental; your home made uninhabitable by hurricane or other natural disaster; flight delays due to bad weather; a documented traffic accident en route to your destination; involuntary termination of employment; and acts of terrorism. Additional terms and conditions apply, review a sample Description of Coverage/Policy for full details.
- Who is considered as a family member?–Traveling Companion(s)–Insured’s or Traveling Companion’s Spouse–Insured’s, Traveling Companion’s or Spouse’s: child; parent; sibling; grandparent, great-grandparent, grandchild or greatgrandchild; step-parent, step-child or step-sibling; son-in-law or daughter-in-law; brother in-law or sister-in-law; aunt or uncle; niece or nephew; legal guardian; foster child or legal ward.
- What is a foreseeable event? Foreseeable simply means reasonably known beforehand. Once it is reasonable that guests traveling to an area would know about an event, it becomes foreseeable. For example, if the airline you are flying announces that they are going on strike, the event becomes foreseeable once they make the announcement.
- Is it possible to insure pre-existing medical conditions? Yes, CSA can accept pre-existing medical conditions for you and your traveling companions as long as you purchase your plan prior to or within 24 hours of your final trip payment and you are medically able to travel at the time the coverage is purchased.
- What is a pre-existing medical condition? A pre-existing medical condition means a sickness or injury during the 60-day period immediately prior to your effective date for which you or your traveling companion:a. Received, or received a recommendation for, a diagnostic test, examination or medical treatment, orb. Took or received a prescription for drugs or medicine.
Item “b” of this definition does not apply to a condition that is treated or controlled solely through the taking of prescription drugs or medicine, and remains treated or controlled without any adjustment or change in the required prescription throughout the 60-day period before coverage is effective under the insurance plan.
See the plan Description of Coverage or Policy for more details.
- What can be reimbursed if I have to cancel my trip? The plan can reimburse you up to the amount in the schedule for unused, non-refundable, prepaid trip costs if you are prevented from taking your trip due to a covered event listed in your Description of Coverage or Policy.
- If my trip is cancelled or interrupted for a covered reason, can I be reimbursed for other prepaid travel costs like airplane tickets or a spa package? Yes, provided these costs have been insured.
- I have coverage questions, who should I ask about them? Call CSA Travel Protection toll-free at 866-999-4018.
- How does the claims process work? Filing a claim is a relatively easy process. Contact the rental office, CSA directly at 866-999-4018 or visit CSA’s claim form page to obtain the necessary claim forms. Once you’ve completed your claim form and gathered your supporting documentation, submit your claim to CSA via email at email@example.com or via mail at:CSA Travel ProtectionP.O. Box 939057San Diego, CA 92193Once your forms are received you’ll be assigned a dedicated claims team member who will process your claim from start to finish and will reach out to you if they have any questions or additional information is needed.
CSA Damage Protection Insurance – FAQ’s
- Do I need Vacation Rental Damage coverage? We highly recommend purchasing Vacation Rental Damage coverage as it can save you the hassle of dealing with a security deposit. If a security deposit is required to rent the property, Vacation Rental Damage coverage can reimburse you for accidental damages withheld from your deposit.
- When can I buy coverage? Plans are offered when you make your reservation and can be purchased up until check-in. Contact the rental office to learn more.
- What if I cancel my reservation? If you have purchased Vacation Rental Damage coverage and have to cancel your reservation you will receive a refund of your plan cost as long as you’re sure to cancel the coverage prior to your scheduled arrival date. Contact the rental office to inquire about cancelling your plan.
- What does the Vacation Rental Damage plan cover? The Vacation Rental Damage coverage provides coverage for accidental damages to the vacation home during your stay.
- What if there is damage? Notify the rental office prior to check-out. Don’t be afraid to report the damage, that’s what the insurance is for!
- Does the plan cover damage caused by my pets? Yes, plans can provide coverage for accidental pet damage provided having pets at the property is not a violation to your rental agreement.
- Does the plan cover intentional acts? No, coverage is not available for losses resulting from intentional acts, gross negligence or acts that are in violation of your rental agreement.
- Does the plan cover thefts? Coverage for thefts is available if the theft is caused by any person other than yourself and other guests staying at the rental during your reservation, provided the theft is substantiated by a police report.
How does the claims process work? Filing a claim is a relatively easy process. Contact the rental office, CSA directly at 866-999-4018 or visit CSA’s claim form page to obtain the necessary claim forms. Once you’ve completed your claim form and gathered your supporting documentation, submit your claim to CSA via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at:
CSA Travel Protection
P.O. Box 939057
San Diego, CA 92193
Once your forms are received you’ll be assigned a dedicated claims team member who will process your claim from start to finish and will reach out to you if they have any questions or additional information is needed.