Top 10 Reasons to Ski Park City in March 2018
Spring Skiing in Park City
There’s nothing like freshly packed powder, a shining sun and mild temperatures to say goodbye to winter and hello to spring break in Park City. And there’s no shortage of free concerts and events happening this spring, with Spring Gruv at Canyons Resort (March 25-April 9, 2017) offering music and entertainment every weekend in March and the first week in April. Easter arrives April 8, 2018 at our Resorts this year and Easter Egg hunts are a must-do with the kids! And if you’re really adventurous, don’t miss the adult Easter Egg Hunt for the “Golden Egg” at Park City Mountain Resort and find yourself with a season pass for next year.
You can always find great deals on lodging in Park City in March and April, with many online promotions just waiting to be booked. The best part about Spring Break Park City is getting your 4th night free when you book 3 nights at any one of our participating Park City condominiums.
Welcome to spring skiing, one of the best, possibly most underrated, aspects of our sport. There are many reasons to love spring skiing in Park City.
Here are our Top 10 Reasons to ski Park City in March.
- Lodging Deals and a $300 Delta Gift Card. Park City Resort Lodging is offering the best deals of the season in March. Take up to 20% off or get your 4th night free, including Ski-in/Ski-Out Resort Plaza. Find out more how you can qualify to receive a $300 Delta Gift Card with your booking in March 2018.
- Amazing Weather. Blue bird skies, and skiing with one less layer will always make skiing that much more enjoyable in the spring in Park City.
- Great snow. There’s that magic window between when the top layer of the snow starts to thaw and when the melt sinks more than four inches into the surface. That window is when spring corn emerges and there is only one option for skiers and snowboarders. “Harvest the Corn.”
- Family Activities in the Spring. Gorgoza Park offers 7 tubing lanes, mini-snowmobiles, and the Fort Frosty play area, just 2 miles east of Parley’s Summit off of I-80.
- Google tans. Nothing says “I’ve been skiing” than a springtime google tan.
- Springtime Park City Powder. Those turns down Jupiter? Pure bliss. Especially because they were unexpected. Finding powder in spring (unless, of course, we’re getting that perennial epic blizzard in April) is like a gift from the snow gods. March is historically one of Park City’s snowiest months and often brings surprise storms of fresh, fluffy powder. Combined with blue-bird skies, the morning-after powder runs are some of the year’s best.
- Kids love it. The best time to introduce kids to skiing is in the spring because it’s warm, comfortable, and a soft landing. You might even try snowboarding as well in the spring.
- Beginner skiers love spring skiing. What sounds more appealing: trying to learn how to slide downhill with your feet immobilized in strange objects in zero degree temperature or in forty-five degree temperature?
- Spring Gruv & Pond Skimming –Park City/Canyons Resort features free outdoor concerts every Saturday at 3 p.m. The best part? You can ski any resort and take part in the festivities, which occur at the resort base. If you’ve never seen #PondSkimming costumed contest in action, it’s an event worth attending live. This year’s event will take place at Canyons Resort on April 7, 2018. More about Spring Gruv in Park City.
- Celebrate Easter in Park City. Concluding Spring Gruv is the Annual Easter Celebration on April 8, 2018, at both Park City Base and Canyons Village as well as Deer Valley Resort. There are many Easter activities in Park City, including the mountain-wide Easter Egg Hunt! Festivities begin promptly at 9:00 am.
Save 20% of Park City Lodging in March or get your 4th Night Free