After one of the snowiest January’s in resort history, Park City is gearing up for Spring Skiing in Park City! How about you?
Did you know, March and April are the locals favorite month to ski? It’s warm, the sun shines on most days, and, in many cases, it’s the month that brings the most snow. Imagine on a blue-bird spring morning in #ParkCity, being perched atop any one of our two world-class Park City ski resort bowls preparing to drop in to a pillow of powder preserved in the shade of a chute with up to a foot of new snow, and it’s all yours! The crystal blue skies offered during spring break in Park City are nothing short of amazing. You want to stop to enjoy the views of the surrounding peaks as you drop in and experience weightless turns into the bowl and do it all over again and again. Did we mention there were no crowds in the spring. As we welcome warmer spring days, we also welcome Park City lodging discounts and deals.
Have you booked your Spring Skiing in Park City getaway yet?
Did we mention that spring is the best time to take advantage of last minute Park City lodging deals? Park City Resort Lodging can help you find the perfect vacation rental this spring season and take advantage of 4th night free and reduced rates at select Park City condominiums right through the end of ski season, April 16, 2017.
Park City Spring Lodging Deals:
*Feb.26-March 10 AND March 18-April 17: 4th night free or save 15% on a 3 night stay at available Identity Properties locations–Crescent Ridge, Park Avenue, Three Kings, Jupiter Inn, Temptation, Snow Country, Racquet Club, Town Lift Home, Park View, Lake View. (excludes Resort Plaza and Payday condos)
Park City Resort Lodging Featured Properties:
Welcome to March and spring skiing in Park City, one of the best, possibly most underrated, aspects of our skiing and riding. There are many reasons to love spring skiing in Park City, here’s a few of our favorites.
- Spring weather in Park City is amazing. Enjoy blue bird skies, and skiing with one less layer will always make skiing that much more enjoyable for you and your family.
- Great snow. There’s that magic window between when the top layer of the snow starts to thaw and when the melt sinks more than four inches into the surface. That window is when spring corn emerges and there is only one option for skiers and snowboarders. Harvest the corn.
- Beer tastes better in the sun, after a day of skiing, outside. Whether you’re tailgating in the parking lot or about to dance on the sun-deck in your ski boots, few things in life taste better than a beer after a day of spring skiing.
- Get a Google tan. My doctor will frown at this one, and I DO wear loads of sunscreen year round. But even with the most consistently applied SPF, your face will get tan, which will breathe new life into your face, which has been shuttered behind a thick neck warmer and goggles all winter long.
- Outdoor Concerts. We can’t think of a better way to end a ski day than by grooving to live music outside. Spring concerts in Park City are plentiful with concerts just every weekend throughout the spring. Thanks to Mountain Town Music, spring concerts in Park City will never cease to amaze you – so take off your boots, and put on your dancing shoes!
- Spring Grüv March 25-April 9, 2017. For 16 days Park City Resort at Canyons Village will be having huge, free concerts in the two villages, as well as the 21st Annual Pond Skimming Contest! It’s one of those traditions that has been wild from the start. The Pond Skimming Contest (Sat. April 1, 2017) is Park City’s most popular party and is the true indicator that spring has arrived.
- Easter is April 16, 2017, closing day for our Resort. The Annual Easter Celebration at Park City Base and Canyons Village as well as Deer Valley Resort. There are many Easter activities in Park City, including the mountain-wide Park City Resort Easter Egg Hunt! Festivities begin promptly at 9:00 am.
What is Pond Skimming?