Amid all of the holiday parties, activities and events, we’d like to take a moment to wish you a very Happy New Year.
How many made a New Year’s resolution to ski more frequently in 2017?
Why not kick off the New Year in Park City? We received record snowfall over the Christmas holidays and we’re expecting more snow over the New Year’s Holiday as well. It’s not too late to book a last minute New Year’s trip to Park City. Park City Resort Lodging has a few select studio, 1, 2 and three bedroom condos available starting December 30th. Known for its legendary powder snow, family friendly atmosphere, and easy accessibility, Park City is a favorite winter destination for snow sports enthusiasts everywhere. Come celebrate New Year’s Eve in Park City.
Park City Lodging still available for New Year’s in Park City
- Jupiter Inn Condominiums, deluxe condos on the free shuttle route
- Park Avenue Condominiums – On the Park City Cross Country Track, close to everything
- Resort Plaza Ski in Ski Out at Park City Mountain Resort
- Three Kings Condominiums on the Cross Country ski course and close to Park City Resort.
What’s Happening New Year’s Eve in Park City
- December 30th – Deer Valley Resort. Early revelers can head over to Deer Valley Resort’s annual Torchlight Parade on December 30, at dusk (6pm). Skiers will dazzle with torches and “illuminating” moves. The parade takes place on Big Stick ski run on Bald Eagle Mountain. Prime viewing is from the deck area of Snow Park Lodge, where complimentary hot cider and cookies will be served from 5:45-6pm.
- Dec 31st – New Year’s Eve Celebration and Fireworks – The New Year’s Eve Celebration at Canyons Village kicks off at 3:00pm with live music and fun for the entire family! Family-friendly activities include a torchlight parade, live music and our massive fireworks display at 7:30pm. After an amazing firework display, join Park City Resort for a family friendly dinner and dancing at the Masquerade Ball in the Kokopelli Ballroom at the Grand Summit Hotel, in Canyons Village.
- New Year’s Eve at Canyons Village music, activities, fireworks and dining options.
- Imagine – Remembering the Fab Four – From their convincing Liverpudlian accents and Beatles wit to their pointed boots and totally fab gear, what you’ll experience during their show is just like seeing the Beatles in concert…perhaps with less screaming! Performing Dec 30, 31 at The Egyptian.
- Alan Cumming at the Eccles – New Year’s Eve show features the penultimate master of ceremonies Alan Cumming. The Scottish and American actor is perhaps best known for his Tony award-winning role in Broadway’s “Cabaret” as well as his portrayal of the shady spin doctor/campaign manager on CBS’s “The Good Wife.” December 31 at Eccles.
These days there are about a dozen bars, clubs, and old fashioned saloons in the historic district and each of them have a different vibe and lineup of entertainment. But that’s just on any old night of the week. When it comes to New Year’s Eve, the nightlife on Main Street is even better.
It wouldn’t be a New Year’s Eve post without mentioning that we want everyone to have a good night AND get home safely. Call a Lyft, Uber, cab, or get a friend to be a designated driver.
Have a Happy New Year 2017!