10 Reasons to Ski Park City in March
March in Park City – It’s when the days start to get longer, and the sun shines a little brighter. It’s the perfect time to take advantage of all things Park City.
There’s nothing like freshly packed powder, a shining sun and mild temperatures to say goodbye to winter and hello to spring skiing in Park City. Welcome to spring skiing, one of the best, possibly most underrated, aspects of our sport. You can always find great deals on lodging in Park City in March and April, with many online promotions just waiting to be booked. The best part about Spring Break Park City is can now 20% or more when you book 3 nights at any one of our participating Park City condominiums. Just a reminder, closing day at our Resorts is Easter Sunday, April 12th, 2020. Don’t miss out on what has become one of the best ski seasons in year.
Best Park City lodging deals of the season, Ask how to qualify for a $300 Delta Gift Card with qualifying booking.
- Mar. 9-22: 4th night free or 20% off 3 nights at all Identity Properties locations excluding Resort Plaza.
- Mar. 23-April 13, 2020: 3rd night free at all Identity Properties locations including select Resort Plaza rentals.
Welcome to spring skiing, one of the best, possibly most underrated, aspects of our sport. There are many reasons to love spring skiing in Park City, here are some of our favorites:
- Amazing Weather. Blue bird skies, and skiing with one less layer will always make skiing that much more enjoyable in the spring in Park City.
- Great snow. There’s that magic window between when the top layer of the snow starts to thaw and when the melt sinks more than four inches into the surface. That window is when spring corn emerges and there is only one option for skiers and snowboarders. “Harvest the Corn.”
- Family Activities in the Spring. Gorgoza Park has been transformed by the new Woodward Park City, offering even more family fun, including tubing , just 2 miles east of Parley’s Summit off of I-80.
- Google tans. Nothing says “I’ve been skiing” than a springtime google tan.
- Springtime Park City Powder. Those turns down Jupiter? Pure bliss. Especially because they were unexpected. Finding powder in spring (unless, of course, we’re getting that perennial epic blizzard in April) is like a gift from the snow gods. March is historically one of Park City’s snowiest months and often brings surprise storms of fresh, fluffy powder. Combined with blue-bird skies, the morning-after powder runs are some of the year’s best.
- Kids love it. The best time to introduce kids to skiing is in the spring because it’s warm, comfortable, and a soft landing. You might even try snowboarding as well in the spring.
- Beginner skiers love spring skiing. What sounds more appealing: trying to learn how to slide downhill with your feet immobilized in strange objects in zero degree temperature or in forty-five degree temperature?
- Spring Gruv & Pond Skimming –Park City/Canyons Resort features free outdoor concerts every Saturday at 3 p.m. The best part? You can ski any resort and take part in the festivities, which occur at the resort base.
- Treat yourself to some Après Ski Fun. No ski trip is complete without a little après-skiing. Your ski-boot-free feet are aching to let loose, and, thankfully, Park City’s world-class resorts take après-skiing very seriously.
- Indulge in Park City’s Nightlife. Continue your fun-packed day by heading to Park City’s Historic Main Street once the sun goes down, where you can choose from over 100 bars and restaurants. Park City’s culinary scene offers quite a variety, allowing you to find exactly what you’re craving. Don’t miss a favorite local hangout– the No Name Saloon— whose upstairs deck is quite a treat come springtime. Who remembers the “Alamo?”