Celebrate Miner’s Day on Labor Day in Park City.
On Monday, September 3rd, 2018, the Park City Rotary Club will host a day-long celebration of Park City’s mining heritage when we celebrate Miner’s Day. This is the town’s 121st annual Miner’s Day event!
Want to make the most of Miner’s Day in Park City? Check out some tips of what to do and where.
Start your day off early with a hearty $5 pancake breakfast in the City Park, sponsored by St. Mary’s. Then get funky and wear your best costume while racing a fast 5K course. The Miners Day Funky 5K is a fundraiser for local non-profits and charities and 100% of the proceeds go back into the community in the form of grant from Rotary Club Park City.
You can register for the Funky 5K online at Athlete 360.
From there we move up to Main Street where you can witness the Running of the Balls. Thousands of numbered golf balls will be released into the street. With the help of gravity, the balls race down Main Street into a chute. The first balls there will win prizes for their sponsors, including season passes at ski resorts, vacation stays in local hotels, and more. Come out and sponsor some balls. All the money goes to local non-profits and you could be a winner.
Immediately following the Running of the Balls, the Miner’s Day Parade will start down Main Street and Park Ave. The parade ends in City Park where there will be a barbeque lunch, beverages, games for the kids and live music.
The Mucking and Drilling competition is a demonstration of the gritty, challenging work the miners did. In the City Park parking lot, you can watch competitors from around the mountain west tackle the machinery and techniques used by the early mining industry. It’s unlike anything you’ve seen.
The last event of the day is the Skateboard Pro Bowl Jam. Watch athletes, both amateur and professional, fly through the bowls of the skateboard park getting huge air and doing tricks that amaze.
Celebrate Miner’s Day on Labor Day in Park City. Take advantage of end of season Park City lodging savings and book 2 nights and receive your 3rd night free.
For more information visit parkcityminersday.org
3rd NIGHT FREE ON PARK CITY LABOR DAY LODGING
Take advantage of our Park City Labor Day special which offers a 3rd night of lodging FREE at select Park City Utah lodging locations:
- Jupiter Inn Condominiums – Spacious studio, 1 and 2 bedroom condos directly on the free shuttle, with easy access to everything Park City has to offer. USE PROMO CODE 3NFSUMMER at time of booking.
- Resort Plaza Condominiums at Park City Mountain Resort – 1 to 4 bedrooms at Park City Resort. USE PROMO CODE 3NFSUMMER at time of booking.
- Park Avenue Condominiums – 1 to 4 bedrooms, close to all the Park City events. Outdoor swimming pool and community hot tub access. USE PROMO CODE 3NFSUMMER at time of booking.
- Three Kings Condominiums – Studio Lofts to 3 bedroom vacation rentals – great location to enjoy the beautiful night sky. USE PROMO CODE 3NFSUMMER at time of booking.
- Payday Condominiums – 3Bedrooms+Loft and 4Bedroom vacation rentals – large enough for the whole family. Payday guests have access to the Three Kings pool facility. USE PROMO CODE 3NFSUMMER at time of booking.
Start planning your fall getaway and celebrate Park City Miner’s Day with us.
Schedule of Events (subject to change)
|7:30 a.m||Breakfast||City Park|
|8:00 a.m.||Funky 5K Run||City Park|
|10:45 a.m.||World Famous Running of the Balls||Main Street|
|11 a.m||Miner’s Day Parade||Main Street|
|11:45 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.||Live Music||City Park stage|
|Noon – 3 p.m.||Bar-B-Que lunch||City Park|
|12:30 – 1 p.m.||Kids Races||City Park stage|
|1:15 – 5 p.m.||Live Music||City Park stage|
|2:00 – 3:30 p.m.||Mucking & Drilling Competition||Skateboard Park parking lot|
|3:00 – 6:00 p.m.||Skateboard Bowl Jam||Skateboard Park|