Top 10 Reasons to Ski Park City In the Spring - Park City Spring Break
Park City Spring Break is right around the corner.
March and early April are some of the best times to be skiing in Park City. There’s nothing like freshly packed powder, a shining sun and mild temperatures to say goodbye to winter and hello to #springbreak in #ParkCity.
Plus, you can always find great deals on lodging in Park City, with many online promotions just waiting to be booked. The best part about Spring Break Park City is can now 20% or more when you book 3 nights at any one of our participating Park City condominiums.
Just a reminder, closing day for Deer Valley Resort and Park City is Easter Sunday, April 17th, 2022
Call today to reserve your Park City lodging and take advantage of these last minute Park City lodging deals. 800-245-6417
There are many reasons to love spring skiing in Park City, here are our Top 10 favorites:
- Amazing Weather. Blue bird skies, and skiing with one less layer will always make skiing that much more enjoyable in the spring in Park City.
- Great snow. There’s that magic window between when the top layer of the snow starts to thaw and when the melt sinks more than four inches into the surface.
- Family Activities in the Spring. Gorgoza Park has been transformed into the new Woodward Park City, offering even more family fun, including tubing.
- Springtime Powder. Those turns down Jupiter? Pure bliss. Especially because they were unexpected. Finding powder in spring (unless, of course, we’re getting that perennial epic blizzard in April) is like a gift from the snow gods. Nothing says “I’ve been skiing” than a springtime goggle tan.
- Kids love it. The best time to introduce kids to skiing is in the spring because it’s warm, comfortable, and a soft landing. You might even try snowboarding as well in the spring.
- Beginner skiers love spring skiing. What sounds more appealing: trying to learn how to slide downhill with your feet immobilized in strange objects in zero degree temperature or in forty-five degree temperature?
- Après Ski Fun. No ski trip is complete without a little après-skiing. Your ski-boot-free feet are aching to let loose, and, thankfully, Park City’s world-class resorts take après-skiing very seriously.
- Indulge in Park City’s Nightlife. Continue your fun-packed day by heading to Park City’s Historic Main Street once the sun goes down, where you can choose from over 100 bars and restaurants. Park City’s culinary scene offers quite a variety, allowing you to find exactly what you’re craving. Don’t miss a favorite local hangout– the No Name Saloon— whose upstairs deck is quite a treat come springtime. Who remembers the “Alamo?”
- Snow, Snow and more Snow. While most people associate spring skiing with slushy slopes, sunshine, and goggle tans, don't forget, March is historically the snowiest month of the year in Utah and April has delivered some of the biggest storms in recent years.
- Winter Activities. There is more to Park City than its world-class slopes...there's an abundance of winter activities that are every bit as enjoyable as skiing and riding. Find out about winter fly-fishing trips or snowshoe tours, or our favorites, dogsledding and snowmobiling through the wilderness.
*Spring Gruv is still tentative for 2022*
Published on Monday, January 17, 2022