The Top 10 Reasons to Ski Park City in March
There’s nothing like freshly packed powder, a shining sun and mild temperatures to say goodbye to winter and hello to spring skiing in Park City. Welcome to spring skiing, one of the best, possibly most underrated, aspects of our sport.
You can always find great deals on lodging in Park City in March and April, with many online promotions just waiting to be booked. The best part about Spring Break Park City is can now save up to 40% when you book 3 nights at any one of our participating Park City condominiums. Just a reminder, closing day at our Resorts is Sunday, April 7th, 2019. Don't miss out on what has become one of the best ski seasons in year.
There are many reasons to love spring skiing in Park City, here are our Top 10 Reasons to Ski Park City in March.
- Best Park City lodging deals of the season . Save 40% when you book 3 nights, Save 30% when you book 2 nights. Book now and don't forget your sunscreen.
- Amazing Weather. Blue bird skies, and skiing with one less layer will always make skiing that much more enjoyable in the spring in Park City.
- Great snow. With all the snow in January, and now February, imagine what skiing in March will be in Park City. There’s that magic window between when the top layer of the snow starts to thaw and when the melt sinks more than four inches into the surface. That window is when spring corn emerges and there is only one option for skiers and snowboarders. “Harvest the Corn.”
- Family Activities in the Spring. Soldier Hollow boasts the longest tubing lanes in Utah. With 1,200-foot sliding lanes and the new lift, tubing is the perfect way to take advantage of Utah’s beautiful winters. Soldier Hollow Tubing . (Gorgoza Tubing Park City is closed this year.)
- Google tans. Nothing says “I’ve been skiing” than a springtime google tan.
- Springtime Park City Powder. Those turns down Jupiter? Pure bliss. Especially because they were unexpected. Finding powder in spring (unless, of course, we’re getting that perennial epic blizzard in April) is like a gift from the snow gods. March is historically one of Park City’s snowiest months and often brings surprise storms of fresh, fluffy powder. Combined with blue-bird skies, the morning-after powder runs are some of the year’s best.
- Kids love it. The best time to introduce kids to skiing is in the spring because it’s warm, comfortable, and a soft landing. You might even try snowboarding as well in the spring.
- Beginner skiers love spring skiing. What sounds more appealing: trying to learn how to slide downhill with your feet immobilized in strange objects in zero degree temperature or in forty-five degree temperature?
- Spring Gruv –For 16 days, March 23 - April 7, 2019, Park City Resort will be hosting the 12th Annual Spring Gruv with free concerts in both villages, as well as the 23rd Annual Pond Skimming Contest! Spring Gruv Activities
- Pond Skimming If you’ve never seen #PondSkimming costumed contest in action, it’s an event worth attending live. The Pond Skimming Contest will be held Saturday, April 6, 2019, also closing day at both Park City and Deer Valley. It is Park City’s most popular party and is the true indicator that spring has arrived. More about Spring Gruv in Park City.
At 40% off lodging, Park City lodging is filling up fast . Call today to reserve your Park City lodging and take advantage of these last minute Park City lodging deals. 800-245-6417
Save 40% on 3 nights or Save 30% when you book 2 nights with Park City Resort Lodging.
Call for details, some restrictions apply.
Published on Friday, February 8, 2019