Park City Utah Summer Activities & Events
Catch a thrilling fun-filled ride on the Alpine Slide or take in nature’s artistry while hiking or biking the vast trails and terrain that Park City has to offer. The summer playground of the Wasatch Mountains, Park City offers an abundance of summer activities and outdoor recreational options.
Grab your backpack and your boots! Enjoy a leisurely stroll on the Rail Trail or take a walk on the wild side along the more challenging terrain of the Mid-Mountain Trail. The Park City area offers over 150 miles of public trails to accommodate families as well as the extreme hiking enthusiast.
Hiking Trails – Park City and surrounding areas
- The Rail Trail – This family friendly trail extends from Park City to Echo Reservoir. Total trail length is 28 miles. Whether you hike a few miles or the entire trail – you’ll enjoy the beautiful mountain views, wildflowers and serenity along the Rail Trail.
- Bald Mountain Trail – A short, easy to moderate 1.2 mile hike near Kamas. The trail head is north of the Bald Mountain picnic site off Mirror Lake Highway (about 30 miles east of Kamas).
- Beaver Creek Trail – Along this 4.8 mile Uinta Mountain trail, you’ll pass through forests, streams and quite a few beaver ponds. The trail head is located six miles east of Kamas on the Mirror Lake Highway.
- Park City Mountain Resort – www.parkcitymountainresort.com
Due to Park City’s high altitude (most trails are above 7,000 feet) hikers should bring plenty of water and sunscreen. Layer your clothing; pack a hat and a rain poncho. Mountain weather is very changeable – be prepared before you go.
Plan your next golf getaway to Park City, Utah. Park City features panoramic views, fresh mountain air and an impressive selection of emerald-green golf courses to choose from. Identity Properties offers condominium lodging adjacent to the Park City Golf Club. Golf course locations include the Park Avenue Condominiums, Three Kings, Payday, and Silver Star Condominiums.
Public Golf Courses – Park City and surrounding areas
- Park City Golf Club – Consistently ranked as one of the premier public golf courses in the intermountain region, the Park City Golf Club offers a challenging game at one of the state’s most enviable locations. www.parkcitygolfclub.org or 435-615-5800.
- Wasatch Mountain Golf Course – Voted one of the “Best Places to Play” by Golf Digest, the spectacular Wasatch Mountain State Park boasts a 36-hole facility, complete with a comfortable, full-service clubhouse, beautiful practice green and driving range and an on-site restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner daily. The park’s challenging 18-hole Mountain Course (cart required) is carved from natural mountain contours. www.stateparks.utah.gov or 435-654-0532.
- Homestead Golf Course – This beautiful 18-hole course is tucked up against the Wasatch Mountains, the Homestead Resort Golf Course provides a beautiful backdrop for play. The front nine takes you up a mountain slope for fantastic views of the Heber Valley and surrounding mountains. The back nine meanders through the picturesque Snake Creek Valley. The views and two distinct types of terrain make for a memorable and exciting golf outing. 435-654-7442.
- Soldier Hollow Golf Course -The championship, 36-hole facility completes the year-round recreation programs at the 2002 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games venue. Two 18-hole courses — appropriately named the Gold and Silver courses —offer challenging play for golfers of all abilities and amazing views of the Heber Valley and majestic Mount Timpanogos. www.soldierhollow.com or 435-654-7442.
Experience true exhilaration as you fly down the mountain – the suns at your back, the wind’s in your face and nature’s beauty surrounds you – just another perfect blue-sky summer day in Park City! Park City, Deer Valley and surrounding areas offer over 150 miles of hiking and biking trails accommodating all skill levels.
Need a mountain or road bike rental or some additional gear? We recommend these local Park City companies:
- Cole Sport – 1615 Park Avenue, Park City. Cole Sport features top bike brands such as Scott, Giant, Pivot, Phat, and more, and carries demo bikes for a test ride before purchase. 435-649-4800 or www.colesport.com
- Jan’s Mountain Recreation Experts – 1600 Park Avenue, Park City. Our fleet of rental bikes includes Ibis mountain bikes, Gary Fisher Hi-Fi Pro 29er mountain bikes, Trek 4.5 Madone road bikes, and Trek Navigator comfort bikes. 435-649-4949 or www.jans.com
Bike Trails – Park City, Deer Valley and surrounding areas
- King Road to Shadow Lake Trail
- Spiro Trail
- Mid-Mountain Trail
- Tour de Suds
- Town Loop Trail
- Deer Valley Resort
- Jordanelle Perimeter Trail
- Rail Trail
Visit www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails for detailed information about Park City’s biking trails.
offers a variety of rides and activities.
- Alpine Slide
- Alpine Coaster
- Lift Rides
- Legacy Launcher
- Climbing Wall
- Miniature Golf
- Little Miners Park
Summer & Winter Dog Sledding Adventures
Experience a unique and exhilarating Park City dog sledding adventure this winter or summer. Summer camps are available starting in June.
Luna Lobos Dog Sled Summer Rides and Camps
- Rides – Tour times are either 7:30 am or 7:30 pm. weather permitting. Rides are from 20-30 min in length and time with the pups is unlimited. Prices start at $200 per couple – split rides are available.
- Camps – Luna Lobos teaches participants the fundamentals of dog sledding, basic outdoor survival skills and one-on-one interaction with the dogs. Guest speakers from different types of dog training backgrounds such as, search and rescue, service dogs, etc, will be providing a lesson on their line of work during camp week. Camp will be from 8 am to 12 pm Monday through Thursday. Prices start from $150 per camper (for the 4-day camp); $75 for each additional sibling/family member. Recommended for ages 7-8 and up. Transportation from Park City to the camp site is available for an additional $25. Campers are encouraged to bring their own lunches; Luna Lobos will provide water, fruit or snacks. For more information visit www.lunalobos.com or 435.714.0408 or 435.714.0411 also check out their blog at http://parkcitydogsledrides.blogspot.com
Fishing – Fly fishing
Hayrides at the Stillman Ranch
Kimball Arts Festival in August
Local concerts and music festivals
Spring and Summer Events
- Park City Cycling Festival
- Park City’s 4th of July Parade and Events
- Park City Film Music Festival
- Park City Gallery Stroll
- Park City Kimball Arts Festival
- Savor the Summit
- Triple Crown Girls Softball Tournament
- Deer Valley Music Festival
- Park City Ski Town Shoot Out – Lacrosse Tournament